[ID3 Dev] New to id3lib, trying to use it with Win32 CreateFile handle

He Shiming heshiming at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 02:10:31 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm quite new to the id3lib. And I've got a question regarding using it on
the windows platform.

The tutorial in the api doc is quite simple, but it didn't illustrate how
one can use Unicode file names. I guess (hadn't seen much of the source code
yet) its underlying ID3_IFStreamReader is using standard CRT to do file I/O.
But as I also see these ID3_Reader ID3_MemoryReader classes. It just makes
sense to me that I can create a customized file I/O handler for id3lib in
order to use Windows API based I/O. But how can I do that? Is there any
example available or I should just read the source code?

One more thing, is there anyway (or does id3lib support) to force id3lib
output tags/values in Unicode? An array of wchar_t, or even std::wstring
will be nice. If not, is it possible for it to output in UTF-8 character
sequence? If still not, what encoding conversion should I use? Am I supposed
to basically use the current encoding settings on user's computer?

Best regards,
He Shiming