[ID3 Dev] ID3v1 Genre URI Recommendation

Ben Bennett fiji at ayup.limey.net
Tue Dec 13 13:16:42 PST 2005

I can say that their style and genre IDs have been stable for at least
5 years now.

The artist and album IDs are scrambled so that there are many
scrambled ones generated for the real internal ID, but they are also
stable.  So if you have a scrambled ID you will be able to link in to
AMG, but you can not compare one ID against the other to see if they
refer to the same artist.

I use the genre list from the appendix of the 2.3.0 spec:
  http://www.id3.org/id3v2.3.0.html#secA

		-ben