[ID3 Dev] Future development of ID3

Chris Newell chris.newell at rd.bbc.co.uk
Mon Jun 27 03:28:27 PDT 2005

Hi,

I haven't seen any answers to my original query (below) about the future development of ID3. There are two potential areas for development which interest me.

1) some of the existing tags are not a good match to the requirements for podcasting radio programmes. Because they're not a good match people are using them inconsistently and the presentation of these tags by client software does not always make sense.

2) many radio programmes consist of several concatenated articles. In some cases it would be useful to provide information specific to each article and support navigation between articles.

What would be the best way to take these issues further?

Chris

>Is there a version 3 of ID3 under discussion? If so, how do we
>contribute input to this process?

Dr J.C. Newell
Digital Media Group, BBC Research & Development
Kingswood Warren, Woodland Way, Tadworth, Surrey
KT20 6NP  UK
mailto:chris.newell at rd.bbc.co.uk      http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd
Tel:   +44 (0)1737 839659
Switchboard:   +44 1737 839500