[ID3 Dev] questions regarding TBPM frame.

Andy Kernahan andrew.kernahan at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 31 15:56:53 PST 2005

Darien,

    the ID3v2.X.0 standard clearly states that the TBPM frame contains a
string representation of an integer, so the values 132.68 and 95.35 are
invalid.
I would not personally recommend changing the current specification of the
TBPM frame to allow for high precision bpm values but instead I would
suggest
you submit a proposal for a new frame (PBPM?). This would allow TBPM aware
applications to prefer the high precision frame over the standard TBPM frame
whilst also ensuring that existing non-aware applications remain intact.

    Andy.