[ID3 Dev] Announcing an ID3v2 wiki...

Ben Bennett fiji at ayup.limey.net
Sun Dec 17 16:33:56 PST 2006

On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 01:33:31PM -0800, Dan O'Neill wrote:
> Hi Ben - I guess we think alike.  I was going to announce this and seek
> a few testers, but might as well put our efforts together.

Argh.  I wish you had said something when I announced my intent to
create this a while ago.  Anyway, it is better to pool resources so I
gladly defer to your wiki.

> If anyone on this list wants to be an Editor, just create an account on
> this page http://id3.org/id3/UserPreferences and email me your WikiName
> and I'll put you in the EditorsGroup.

I created BenBennett.  Is it possible that we can make the world able
to edit?  The studies of Wikipedia seem to indicate that first-time
people generate the backbone of wikipedia by writing long articles on
topics they know.  Whereas the hard-core wikipedia people polish and
edit the articles.

> Ben, sorry that we both were doing things. I hope we can work together.

Certainly.  I will move over my notes on custom tags.  The rest of the
content was just marking up the specs into an annotatable form.  And
adding links, and cross-references.  Unfortunately the moinmoin markup
appears to be a bit different from the wikimedia one.

>  The wiki at id3.org will become the default for id3.org once people
> have tested it a bit.

Sounds good.  Although I think the published specs need to be frozen
somehow.  It would be nice to have an annotated version as long as it
is noted as not being authoritative.

		 -ben