[ID3 Dev] Announcing an ID3v2 wiki...

Dan O'Neill id3v2 at northpb.com
Wed Dec 20 23:58:12 PST 2006

Ben Bennett wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 01:33:31PM -0800, Dan O'Neill wrote:

> I created BenBennett.  Is it possible that we can make the world able
> to edit?  The studies of Wikipedia seem to indicate that first-time
> people generate the backbone of wikipedia by writing long articles on
> topics they know.  Whereas the hard-core wikipedia people polish and
> edit the articles.

I added BenBennett to the EditorsGroup.  The wiki is live as the default
for id3.org.  At the moment I'm going to defer to adding Editors upon
request.  There is one page that can be edited by anyone who is logged
into their account.  http://www.id3.org/Implementations

 > Sounds good.  Although I think the published specs need to be frozen
 > somehow.  It would be nice to have an annotated version as long as it
 > is noted as not being authoritative.

Good suggestion.  The existing standards have been frozen to
modification only by their respective authors.

Legacy URL's have been rewritten and redirected so that external links
continue to get people to the right pages.

Of course, if you notice bugs or oddities, please send a note to me or
this list.

Sincerly,

dano