[ID3 Dev] 'Extending' ID3 V2.4

Ion Todirel iontodirel at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 11:01:44 PST 2006

why use a binary representation of data containing in files why just not use xml? and why storing this data inside the files and not providing a unified database for fast access and that will store all needed information?

Michal Vician <id3v2 at audiott.com> wrote:  > ...In this case specifically, I can certainly imagine an ID3 spec
> that would be possible to implement completely, with less code,
> without reducing the functionality provided.

As far as I'm concerned I don't have any problems with code lenght.
But if have you any concrete ideas (I mean something like a sketch of new
ID3 version), just post them. Maybe we can move ID3 spec forward.

Best regards
Miso

--
Michal Vician