[ID3 Dev] archives?

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Tue Feb 7 08:02:49 PST 2006

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 14:33, Dan O'Neill wrote:

[...snip...]

>   - General discussion of players and tag writers that don't
>     follow the "standard"
>
>   - Syncsafe integer definitions in v2.4

Seeing those two together today is kind of funny since I noticed just
yesterday that in Apple's recent switch to ID3v2.4 they ignore the sync-safe
integers portion of the spec resulting in all frame sizes over 128 bytes
being misrepresented.

>   - New library implementation for .NET
>     http://www.id3.org/implement.html

I don't really care if it's mentioned on the page or not, but potentially also
of interest is TagLib (http://developer.kde.org/~wheeler/taglib.html) as it's
used by a couple dozen applications, has several language bindings and a
significant portion of 2.4 implemented (there are several frame types that
aren't parsed by it, mostly because they're rare and in my opinion largely
uninteresting).

Anyway -- glad to see that the list is back up and going.

Cheers,

-Scott

--
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it
is not utterly absurd.