[ID3 Dev] "ID3 Offenders" Part 2

Mitchell S. Honnert mitch at honnert.com
Tue Feb 21 14:04:22 PST 2006

A few weeks ago now, I solicited this list for 'ID3 Offenders", examples of applications, libraries, or encoders that somehow didn't comply with the ID3 standard.  I got some great feedback and compiled the entries in a single list.  There was some talk at the time of adding this list to www.id3.org, but I haven't seen an update.  So in the mean time, I posted the list to my ID3 library's page.  For those who weren't on the list at the time or for people who just want to check out what I have so far, here's a direct link to the list...
http://home.fuse.net/honnert/hundred/UltraID3Lib/offenders/

If you have anything to add or correct, I'm thinking the most appropriate thing to do is to reply back to this list.  (Disregard the link to my forum on the page.)  I can update my list and if we ever want to create a similar page on www.id3.org, we can use it as a starting point.  My personal goal is to shame some of these developers into compliance, so obviously this would have more of an impact if the list were on www.id3.org, but I'll keep my list going if that isn't the right venue.

One small note: I've been testing some of the betas of the next version of WinAmp and it looks like they're cleaning up some of the ID3 issues. Woohoo!

 - Mitchell S. Honnert