[ID3 Dev] GEOB

Dominick Millner dmillner at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 4 10:03:28 PST 2006

I've noticed several commercial portable MP3 players claiming support for
id3v2.4.0.  With that being said, are these devices capable of reading the
data contained in the GEOB frame?  What precautions need to be taken during
tagging to ensure this data can be accessed?  I tagged an MP3 and added a
small video clip in the GEOB frame and received the dreaded "uncompressed
header" error in Windows Media Player 10. I feel this frame could be the
future of tagging, however the abuse of this frame (executing malicious
code) could stop it before it even starts.

Regards,

Dominick