[ID3 Dev] WinAPM and ID3 tags?

Ben Allison benski at winamp.com
Mon Feb 6 07:43:06 PST 2006

Winamp 5.2 (currently in beta) will write its tags in UTF-16.  Older
versions write, as you said, in the system default encoding.  "Encoding
type 0" tags are also read as the system default encoding.

In the first public beta of Winamp 5.2, it read ASCII tags as ISO-8859-1
only (the correct way!).  After an avalanche of complaints , I had to go
back to the old, bad, behavior.  Such is the reality of software :(

-Ben Allison