[ID3 Dev] Compiling with make id3lib-3.8.3 over FC3

Pablo L. Arturi parturi at bairesweb.com
Mon Jan 23 15:18:07 PST 2006

Hello people, I don't know if this is the right place to ask a install question, but I haven't found any place other than this and this is driving me crazy.

I am trying to install id3lib-3.8.3, I do ./configure and verything seems ok.

I then run make, and a lot of this warnings came up:

cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wmissing-declarations" is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++

Since make seems to end ok, I do "make check" and I get the following errors:

cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wmissing-declarations" is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++
test_io.cpp: In function `int main(size_t, const char**)':
test_io.cpp:27: error: `cin' undeclared (first use this function)
test_io.cpp:27: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
test_io.cpp:119: error: `hex' undeclared (first use this function)
test_io.cpp:119: error: `dec' undeclared (first use this function)
make[2]: *** [test_io.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/software-install/id3lib-3.8.3/examples'
make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/software-install/id3lib-3.8.3/examples'
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

Coud someone please help me?

Thank you in advance, and if this isn't the right place to ask, please accept my apologizes.

Regards,
Pablo