[ID3 Dev] Apology and introduction

Andy Kim andykim78 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 02:56:03 PST 2006

This is very much a chicken and an egg problem. While I love the idea
of chapters being present in MP3 files, I don't see the market leader
(Apple) implementing the client in iTunes nor iPod. Right now they
can boast to the World that chapters are only supported in iPods
through their M4A format and I'm sure they want to keep it that way.
There aren't even any tools in Windows to author those chapters.

As a podcast creation software developer, I want to support this
standard in my own product, but obviously there's no point because
there aren't any clients.

Which brings me to ask: has anybody contacted Microsoft or the
Creative people to see if they want to implement this in their
clients? If we were able to get in touch with the right people at
those companies, things could be shaken up a bit.

Just a thought.

- Andy Kim
Potion Factory
http://www.potionfactory.com