[ID3 Dev] Accessibility extension draft is posted

Chris Newell chris.newell at rd.bbc.co.uk
Wed Jun 14 04:49:08 PDT 2006

At 03:09 12/06/2006, Dan O'Neill wrote:
>Chris Newell's proposal for an Accessibility frame has been posted.

I anyone is interested there is a paper on the accessibility proposal at:

   http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/whp/whp135.shtml

which provides a bit more context.

Cheers,

Chris

>Abstract
>
>This document describes an extension which makes ID3v2 metadata accessible to the visually impaired. It may also be useful for audio players which have limited display capabilities. A new frame type is proposed that carries an audio clip which can provide a verbal expression of the textual information carried by any other ID3v2 frame.
>
>http://www.id3.org/id3v2-accessibility-1.0.html
>
>Links to the document are kept on the developers page.
>
>http://www.id3.org/develop.html
>
>dano

Chris Newell
Lead Technologist
Technology Group
BBC New Media & Technology
Kingswood Warren, Woodland Way, Tadworth
Surrey  KT20 6NP   UK

Tel:    +44 (0)1737 839659
Fax:    +44 (0)1737 839665
mailto:chris.newell at rd.bbc.co.uk