[ID3 Dev] Is it possible to 'lock' ID3 tags?

Marvin Hamlet marvmove at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 7 11:54:45 PDT 2006

Hello everyone.

As the subject suggests, I'm wondering if it is possible to produce a tag
editor that somehow locks the ID3 tags, so that once written, the
information cannot be overwritten. I suspect not, but if any group of people
might know for certain, I feel sure it is amongst the members of this
community.

I know it's possible to 'wrap & hide' the mp3 file in some way, but that is
not the ideal solution I'm looking for. I'm hoping that it is possible to
lock the ID3 metadata itself - though I have my concerns that some methods
may render the file unreadable to other players and editors.

I'd really appreciate some feedback on this. Thanks in advance.

http://join.msn.com/toolbar/overview