[ID3 Dev] ID3v2.4 support in real world

Jiri Cincura diskuze at cincura.net
Thu May 25 15:39:49 PDT 2006

Hi *,

I'm doing some refactoring in my code of ID3 renamer and i'm thinking about
writing tags in ID3v2.4 (now I'm writing 2.3). But I've tested the support
for it and it seems to be, that it's not good. Some SW simply reads it, but
writes new tag in front of ID3v2.3 (Windows Shell), some SW don't read it,
but writes new tag in front of it (WinAmp 2.x) and WMP also isn't able to
read it. I've also tested some SW for writing into clean file, and all
writes ID3v2.3.

So what's your expirience? Am I stay writing ID3v2.3 'cause v2.4 isn't
supported at all?

--
Jiri Cincura
http://www.cincura.net/