[ID3 Dev] Why is footer not included in total size?

Paul Taylor paul_t100 at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 21 04:05:21 PST 2006

> Anyway, if you are serious about this we should set up a wiki
> somewhere (I can host it I suppose) and make some sample frames that
> we can use for conformance testing.  Then maintain a compatability
> matrix of the various programs with respect to the sample frames.
>
> We should also open the 2.4 spec up for comments, but restrict it
> solely to clarifications.
>
> I want to make a separate document that updates the programming
> guidelines and discusses how to write "safe" tags.
>
> Comments?  Who is with me?
>
> 	   -ben

Yes a library of conforming tags/frames  is what is missing from ID3, I
have suggested the idea before but got no response. There must be a
business opportunity here actually create a library and then offer to
test an application for
conformance for a small fee, and if it passes allow them to use some
logo or something, but it would have to be run by id3.org (whoever that
is), or at least authorised by id3 to have any worth.

Paul Taylor