[ID3 Dev] Escaping Characters from the command line

Terry Riegel riegel at clearimageonline.com
Thu Oct 12 09:06:38 PDT 2006

Hello,

This is my first post. I have been struggling to find out how to
escape characters with id3v2 from the command line.

id3v2 --COMM "MyComments:I need to place a : in my comments, but I
don't know how to escape it:eng" 01-04-06wed.mp3

I have searched the site and haven't been able to find anything
except a check list on the guidelines page that states "Are
characters such as ( escaped where necessary?"

Thanks for any help with this.

Terry Riegel
riegel at clearimageonline.com