[ID3 Dev] Genre suggestion

Ben Allison benski at winamp.com
Fri Sep 15 18:58:33 PDT 2006

Pat, et al.

Microsoft's ASF tagging system has a "Parental Rating" tag that is
supposed to contain text like "G" "PG", "R" (aka the MPAA movie ratings).

Even just an 'explicit lyrics' flag might work.  At least in the US, some
CDs are sold with such a sticker - might even be a legal requirement.

Implementing it in a player is pretty trivial.

Getting databases like CDDB or FreeDB to start carrying the information
could be difficult.

Getting people who distribute content online to start using the flag is
the real challenge.