[ID3 Dev] Genre suggestion

Ben Allison benski at winamp.com
Fri Sep 15 20:02:31 PDT 2006

Tom,

I think you might be taking this a bit too far.  Or at least certainly
beyond the scope of an ID3v2 tag :)

It could certainly be useful even if it's insecure.  What if I want to put
my music collection on 'shuffle' for a party, but want to easily filter
out anything with inappropriate lyrics.  Or I'm preparing a setlist for a
radio show - I couldn't play an unedited 'Money' from Pink Floyd's DSOM on
the air, even though the rest of the album (and the rest of the
discography) is OK.

-Ben