[ID3 Dev] Is the DataLengthIndicator included in the Frame Size?

Ben Bennett fiji at ayup.limey.net
Tue Apr 3 13:46:31 PDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 04:46:10PM +0100, Paul Taylor wrote:
> In ID3v24 if there is 4 byte DataLengthIndicator field after the header
> is it included in the size of the frame. I know the header is not
> included when calculating the size and the body is, but where does this
> field fit in.

4.1 of the 2.4.0 spec says:
    These additions affects the 'frame size' field, but are not
    subject to encryption or compression.

> With regard to Unsynced frames Im not sure what Im meant to do with the
> value once I read it,is it meant to equal the un-unsynced length of the
> framebody ?

It is intended to allow you to pre-allocate space for the results of
the un-unsync, decryption, etc.  I suggest you ignore it when
reading.  I would not write one by default.

				-ben