[ID3 Dev] How do I deal with this problem COMM frame

Paul Taylor paul_t100 at fastmail.fm
Mon Apr 2 14:22:40 PDT 2007

In my ID3 Tag library I am having problems with a particular tag. I have
a tag with a problem COMM frame, the COMM frame says that it is 1000
bytes long, whereas in fact it is only about 500 bytes long. The end
result is that next 500 bytes of the ID3 tag are assumed to be part of
the Comment description when in fact they are other frames, and no more
frames are loaded after the COMM frame because immediately after 1000
bytes after the COMM frame there is not a valid frame identifier. There
are lots of valuable frames after the COMM frame and I would like my tag
library to load as much information as I can.

Any ideas how I should:
    Deal with frames in general that have an invalid size in their header,
    Determine in the */COMM.The actual text field/* the end of the real
data, I thought I could look for null terminaters because there should
be any in this field

thanks Paul