AW: [ID3 Dev] ratings

Mathias Kunter mathiaskunter at yahoo.de
Tue Dec 25 14:04:33 PST 2007

>By the way, did you know that Microsoft has a  patent on generating weighted playlists based on user ratings.

>They  patented it in, if I remember correctly, 2005 though many players have done it  for long before then and the

>idea has existed in the POPM specification for many  years.

The (software) patent law in the United States is a whole mess.
It just helps big companies to ruin smaller ones, or even freeware or open source developers. US software patent law is *not* democratic. That's a shame in my opinion.
Sorry that I missed the topic, but I just wanted to say that.

Cheers, Mathias

      Machen Sie Yahoo! zu Ihrer Startseite. Los geht's:
http://de.yahoo.com/set