[ID3 Dev] Apple iTunes complicance issues

Ernest Prabhakar prabhaka at apple.com
Tue Feb 13 10:55:07 PST 2007

Hi Scott,

On Feb 13, 2007, at 10:35 AM, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> From earlier in the thread:
>> I reported both the synch-safe int issue (#4435121, reported 6
>> Feb, 2006) and [...]

Thanks. The official bug (for future reference) is:

<rdar://problem/3929557> ID3: v2.4 tag lengths not being written as
syncsafe integers

I've added your comments about tag usage to the bug.  The good news
is that ID3v4.2 is being used elsewhere at Apple, so that might
improve its visibility with the iTunes team.

Out of curiosity, do you know if ID3v4.2 is being used in any
lossless formats?

Thanks,
-- Ernie P.