[ID3 Dev] Apple iTunes complicance issues

Ben Allison benski at winamp.com
Tue Feb 13 10:07:39 PST 2007

Ernest Prabhakar wrote:

> Also, if you can identify anything other than Amarok that has this
> problem interoperating with iTunes, it would help raise the priority.
> It doesn't have to run on the Mac, though it should at least run on
> Windows (since those are the two platforms we worry most about).
Winamp 5.33 (Due out very soon but currently in public beta) will read
id3v2.4 tags but choke on the non-syncsafe sizes.  However, it has some
heuristics, so you'll have to make just the right frame size to get it
to work.  If the high bit in any byte isn't set, you have a good chance
of fooling the heuristics, so a frame size of 512 should do the trick.
Winamp, however, won't write a new id3v2.4 tag, only modify an existing
one (it writes new tags as 2.3)