[ID3 Dev] Tag for MP3 Video Clips

Nick.Rogers at NorthDown.gov.uk Nick.Rogers at NorthDown.gov.uk
Mon Feb 5 02:48:28 PST 2007

Good Morning from Open Communities in Ireland.. also at www.audiotours.net
where our 101 guide is freely available for download

We are developing an open source approach to building Audio Tours for free
use by local communities wishing to build tours of their local community
and publish them on the web to encourage people to understand them and
visit their area...

We  have suggested using the ID3 picture tagging with great effect for
recognition pictures  - 'where am I .. Oh I recognise that building ...
etc.. etc'.. or overlaid with an arrow to say 'turn right at the market
square'

The success of the project is the ability to distribute the tours and
guides without resort to proprietary software.. iPod can play video clips
but you are locked into an iPod to play them..

Can anyone in the ID3 community suggest a way or extending the MP3 picture
tag to play a short open source standard video clip.. we really want to
promote open access to people and places around the world - not add to the
revenue line for an already successful company..
www.opencommunities.eu

This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended  for the above-named person(s). It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. Any  opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the  company. If you receive it in error please delete it, inform the sender and do not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance upon it.

We may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in  line with current legislation. We have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from  any virus, but it remains your responsibility to  ensure that viruses do not adversely affect you.
This email has been scanned for viruses by the Email Protection Agency
For more information please visit http://www.epagency.net