[ID3 Dev] Implementation question

Brian Mearns bmearns at coe.neu.edu
Wed Jan 24 09:08:48 PST 2007

Thanks Jud and Andy, for the response.

The factory method Andy described is more or less how I do it now, but
with a dictionary like Jud described. The problem is that I want more
general coverage than having to specifically register every frameID. For
instance, as I mentioned, I have a class TextFrame that is the base
class for implementing T*** frames like title and artist. Instead of
having to register TextFrame for all the different T*** frame ids, I'd
like it to be smart enough to figure that out, while still delegating to
the dictionary for other frames.

I guess there's no reason I can't just IF it in to check if the frame id
starts with T, and handle it correctly. That just seems ugly. Ideally,
I'd like to be able to register different classes or factories for
general classes of frames (not OO classes, just general groupings like
the T*** class of frames) as well as for specific frame IDs. But I
suppose the T*** and non-T*** are the only real classes of frames there
are, so it wouldn't be difficult to kluge it. But I still feel like it
is a kluge.

Thanks,
-Brian