[ID3 Dev] Tag location - prepend/append combination

Jim jmartin92 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 13 07:56:06 PST 2007

If I am reading your picture/diagram correctly, I think the SEEK offset is incorrect.  The spec states "The 'minimum offset to next tag' is calculated from the end of this
   tag to the beginning of the next".  So I think that would be the offset from the end of the padding in the first tag to the header of the second tag.  (In other words, it would be equal to the size of the audio data in your diagram.)

By the way, have you thought about becoming an editor for the wiki?  I think diagrams like you included in your email would be a great addition and make things much easier to understand.

--Jim