[ID3 Dev] ID3v2.4 Unsynchronisation

Michal Vician id3v2 at audiott.com
Fri Jan 12 12:57:31 PST 2007

Jud White wrote:
> A forum sure would make it easier to edit my typos :)
>
> "My guess is that other readers are more likely to respect the unsync bit in the tag header than the frame header"
>
> Jud
My opinion is that the frame header unsync bit is great innovation to
the standard, because you don't have to hold the whole tag in the memory
and run synchronization on it if you want to read a small piece from the
tag (e.g. a single frame). You just skip all frames you are not
interested in and synchronize the one you want at the moment. I wish
this feature was here from the version 2.0