[ID3 Dev] Clarifying the TCON Frame

John Slane jaslane64 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 04:21:31 PST 2007

Hey, thanks for the ideas.  After I make sure my initial setup works well within MediaMonkey and Mp3tag (the apps I'm using to create and manage my library), I should test out an initial sampling against iTunes, winamp, and amarok - so that I cover the popular apps and also prove I can migrate to a v2.4 environment.

I really appreciate your suggestions.  I can use all the help I can get.

Gratefully,
John

Ben Bennett <fiji at ayup.limey.net> wrote: Yeah, it is a maze of twisty passages, all alike ;-)

My rule of thumb is to try iTunes to see what they do (although their
2.4 implementation has some nasty bugs), and test that against winamp
for 2.3 support and amarok (which uses a newer fancy id3 2.4 library).

As long as you are willing to use a subset of the spec, and don't
stray too far into the wilds, things will go well.

     -ben

For additional commands, e-mail: id3v2-help at id3.org