[ID3 Dev] Command-Line Batch Tagger

Michael Makuch mkm6 at makuch.org
Mon May 21 15:18:59 PDT 2007

id3.exe, that appears to be my old command line id3 tagger utility. I put
that together several years ago from the id3lib examples.  See usage
below.

This zip http://www.muzikbrowzer.com/dl/id3.zip contains

id3.cpp - source for id3 command line util (builds against id3lib
linux/win32)
id3 - linux binary
id3.exe - win32 binary
mbtag.exe - adds wma, ogg and flac support

Regards,

Mike

$ id3
id3 [options] <file> # w/out options display tag info.  options:
     -v      <value> # id3 version (1 or 2)
     -dt             # delete tag (version 1 or 2 if specified else both
     -df     <value> # delete tag field
     -getart <value> # getart, writes to <file>
     -TCON   <value> # genre
     -TPE1   <value> # artist
     -TALB   <value> # album
     -TIT2   <value> # title
     -TRCK   <value> # track
     -TLEN   <value> # length
     -TYER   <value> # year
     -TPOS   <value> # part in set
     -TPUB   <value> # publisher
     -UFID   <value> # ufid
     -TMED   <value> # dig...
     -COMM   <value> # comment
     -APIC   <value> # art file, reads from <file>