[ID3 Dev] Sync-safe sizes?

Mike van Bokhoven mike at ambientdesign.com
Wed May 16 21:41:55 PDT 2007

I was wondering about that - I was beginning to think about really awful
ways to verify the frame size, such as checking for an apparently valid
frame header following each frame before the last one. Wrong for several
reasons, but when reading a 2.4 frame with obviously invalid sizes, what
else can be done?

For now, my app will continue to write 2.3 by default I think, it seems
safer. Once I get to grips with ID3 better (have been working with it for
the grand total of a day or so) I might look at going to 2.4, if the support
is out there. 2.3's been quite co-operative in general; I'm reading, parsing
and updating the basic standard frames, and writing all frames out again.
Working on APIC support now, hence the size problem!

Thanks again for the info,

Mike.