[ID3 Dev] escape "/" character

Ben Bennett fiji at ayup.limey.net
Tue Apr 8 19:36:17 PDT 2008

Well, for this case, I don't think so.

Here the lead artist is Eric B. & Rakim (that's the band name) and
Tricky put the mix together.

You are correct that it should be NUL separated if Eric B. and Rakim
were considered two separate artists.  But since I haven't seen
anything correctly handle that I intend to pick one artist to list
them under and then put the rest into a custom comment that can be
searched by iTunes smart playlists.

My focus is on writing something iTunes will parse reasonably well
since that is so widely used it has become a de facto standard.

The MOST frustrating thing about it is the sync-safe frame length bug
that iTunes has.  If someone from Apple or with any influence at Apple
is listening... PLEASE fix it!

      	       	     -ben