[ID3 Dev] Suggestion For having multilingual id3 tags

Timothy Reaves treaves at silverfieldstech.com
Mon Dec 1 10:21:28 PST 2008

	The spec does support it, but in an off-hand way.  Each text frame
can store more than one string.  You would have to choose an encoding
that would support all the characters in question.  UTF8 would general
suffice, but UTF16 to be sure; it's not like the extra bytes are
relevant.

	The problem is most libraries do not support this aspect of the spec,
nor do players - or other software - display them.