[ID3 Dev] id3 tag extraction

Jim jmartin_92 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 30 22:40:19 PDT 2008

Hi.

The short answer is that it is simple.  ID3v1 tags are located at the end of the
file and start with "TAG".  ID3v2 tags are (usually) at the beginning of the
file and start with "ID3".

You should read some of the information available at http://www.id3.org -
particularly the FAQ, the Introduction section for basic information and the
Developer Information section for more detailed explanations.

If you don't want to get too bogged down in the details, you might consider
using one of the tagging libraries or applications to simplify whatever you are
trying to do.

Jim