[ID3 Dev] ISRC Codes

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Thu Sep 24 05:26:53 PDT 2009

Marvin - an mp3 file, as I understand it, is simply a long list of
audio frames (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3). There's nowhere to
embed any info other than that specified in the frame spec, which
doesn't include ISRC or anything like it.

Any id3 tag is extraneous to the mp3 spec itself, and so can be
removed/edited without affecting the playability of the mp3 file - so
I think what you're hoping for can't really be done. :(

Best wishes,

Mark Smith