[ID3 Dev] Non-destructive Improvements to ID3v23

Peter Bennett pgbennett at comcast.net
Sun Apr 18 12:26:52 PDT 2010

I recall some time back I had some frames encoded with $03 UTF-8 and
ID3v23. Unfortunately, windows media player refused to play the song at
all, with some message about an unsupported file type. This is very
unfriendly of Microsoft, you should be able to play an mp3 even if the
tag is not valid. However this rather nixes the idea of incorporating
this type of change to an existing standard.

Peter