[ID3 Dev] What frame to use?

Jud White judson.white at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 13:09:44 PDT 2010

You can use TCMP in ID3v2.3. It's not official, but a lot of players support
it.

If you mean how to identify the artist of the compilation, for example, a DJ
compilation, I've seen TXXX VA Artist used, not by iTunes, but that's the
closest thing I've seen. In case the scenario isn't clear here's an example
http://bit.ly/cpx7lL (amazon.com) where Reid Speed would be the VA Artist
and Dylan, K, Filthy Dirty Rich v. Angelai, etc would go in TPE1.