[ID3 Dev] Unsynchronization for Dummies

Matthias Mayrock mail at mroc.de
Mon Aug 9 10:14:06 PDT 2010

  Hi Peter,

thank you for your reply. I will follow your advice and try to
not write synchronized tags at all.

Nevertheless I'll want to support the feature and I think I got
it now. What confused me was that the spec of 2.4 states that
the frame header includes the size after unsynchronization.

If I understand this correctly it is only the case if the whole tag
has unsynchronization turned off but a frame turned it on. This
would at least make sense to me. So if a tag has unsynchronization
turned off, but the tag turned on, the frame size includes the size
after unsynchronization.

thank you very much and best wishes,

matthias mayrock