[ID3 Dev] Query on music CD identifier frame (MCI/MCDI)

Nicholas J Humfrey njh at aelius.com
Thu Feb 4 01:23:51 PST 2010

I can't answer your question directly as I am not familiar with IEC
60908.

However I can recommend the cross-platform library libdiscid:
http://musicbrainz.org/doc/libdiscid

This calculate identifiers for CDs based on the table of contents.
This isn't unique but it is the closest that you will get to an
identifier for every CD. There is also a branch that reads MCNs and
ISRCs from CDs, although not all CDs contain this information.

There is infomation about tagging with MusicBrainz metadata here:
http://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainzTag

I hope this is of some help.

nick.

On 2 Feb 2010, at 02:16, "lcarreon at bigpond.net.au" <lcarreon at bigpond.net.au