[ID3 Dev] Differences between 2.3 and 2.4 a potential pitfall?

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Sat Aug 20 12:08:46 PDT 2011

Hi,

Just getting resubscribed to the list after some time away.

I'm having a strange problem re: amarok vs. id3v2 (the command line
tool).

I've discovered lately that if I modify a file's tags in amarok, id3v2
no longer sees them afterwards.  It's as if the id3v2 tags have been
completely blown away by amarok.

Someone on one of the FreeBSD mailing lists suggested that this may be
due to amarok's dependence on taglib (which allegedly uses id3 2.4),
whereas the id3v2 tool uses 2.3.

Is this a likely explanation?  Are the differences so great that the
older id3v2 tool can no longer grok the newer tags?

Thanks, this problem is driving me nuts.  :-)

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads at cox.net