[ID3 Dev] Standards for remix types and multiple remixers

Evgueni Naverniouk globexdesigns at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 18:37:26 PDT 2012

Dear ID3,

I'd like to properly tag remix artist and types and I'm wondering if anyone
has created a standard for this yet. I found the TPE4 field which is
helpful, but it's certainly not enough.

How should I deal with:

*1) Storing the "type" of remix.*

John Smith - Diddy (Abe Lincoln Remix)
John Smith - Diddy (Abe Lincoln Dub)
John Smith - Diddy (Abe Lincoln's Super Awesome 1929 Mix)

Where would the "Remix" vs "Dub" go? Ideally it would be something like
this:

%TPE1% = John Smith
%TIT2% = Diddy
%TPE4% = Abe Lincoln
%???% = Super Awesome 1929 Mix

*
2) Storing multiple mix artists?*

John Smith - Diddy (Abe Lincoln & Mr. Waldo Remix)

Where would Mr. Waldo go? I don't want to put him into %TPE4% because then
I won't be able to keep the artists separate, but I don't see a way to add
a second %TPE4% value. Ideally it would be something like this:

%TPE1% = John Smith
%TIT2% = Diddy
%TPE4% = Abe Lincoln
%TPE4% = Mr. Waldo
%???% = Remix

*
3) Collaborations*

John Smith vs. Abe Lincoln - Diddy (Mr. Waldo Remix)

How do I split up the original artist value? Ideally it would be something
like this:

%TPE1% = John Smith
%TPE1% = Abe Lincoln
%TIT2% = Diddy
%TPE4% = Mr. Waldo
%???% = Remix

Does ID3v2.4 support multiple values of the same field? If not -- what is
the correct solution to these conditions?

Thanks for your help.

Evgueni Naverniouk
www.naverniouk.com
(604) 720-8549