[ID3 Dev] Apology and introduction

Andy Kim andykim78 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 01:18:18 PST 2005

Dear List,

After asking the question in the previous email, I discovered the way
to get past messages in the mailing list and I can now see that the
iTunes issue has been sufficiently covered. I did not know that the
situation with the v2.4 tags were that bad. Ouch.

Also, I apologize for not introducing myself properly.
My name is Andy Kim and I am one of the programmers behind Podcast
Maker at Potion Factory. Podcast Maker is a podcasting software for
the Mac that, among other things, produces chaptered m4a (aac) files
for iTunes. It is great to see that there is work to extend the ID3
specifications to allow chapters in mp3 files as well. We can
definitely support the creation side of it when the specifications
are more mature.

Is there any work going on or plans towards implementing a client
player that understand the chapters in ID3 tags?

- Andy Kim
Potion Factory
http://www.potionfactory.com