[ID3 Dev] Future development of ID3

Ben Bennett fiji at ayup.limey.net
Mon Jun 27 06:54:08 PDT 2005

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 11:28:27AM +0100, Chris Newell wrote:
> I haven't seen any answers to my original query (below) about the
> future development of ID3. There are two potential areas for
> development which interest me.

I ignored you because there was not enough detail.  This message is a
great start at provising the missing information.

> 1) some of the existing tags are not a good match to the
> requirements for podcasting radio programmes. Because they're not a
> good match people are using them inconsistently and the presentation
> of these tags by client software does not always make sense.

Can you provide examples of where the current tags fall short and what
you would like to see?

> 2) many radio programmes consist of several concatenated
> articles. In some cases it would be useful to provide information
> specific to each article and support navigation between articles.

Could you put a new tag in front of each article?  Or use the tag
inforation change stuff in v2.4?

	      -ben