[ID3 Dev] Announcing an ID3v2 wiki...

Dan O'Neill dano at northpb.com
Sun Dec 17 13:33:31 PST 2006

Ben Bennett wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 02:37:45PM -0500, Ben Bennett wrote:
>> Anyway, if you are serious about this we should set up a wiki
>> somewhere (I can host it I suppose) and make some sample frames that
>> we can use for conformance testing.  Then maintain a compatability
>> matrix of the various programs with respect to the sample frames.
>>
>> We should also open the 2.4 spec up for comments, but restrict it
>> solely to clarifications.
>>
>> I want to make a separate document that updates the programming
>> guidelines and discusses how to write "safe" tags.
>>
>> Comments?  Who is with me?
>
> So, I finally got around to starting work on this.  I have a wiki set
> up with some rudimentary content.  I will be revising and adding
> stuff.  Please look, comment, and add to it!
>
> http://limey.net/id3wiki/

Hi Ben - I guess we think alike.  I was going to announce this and seek
a few testers, but might as well put our efforts together.

Here's the id3.org wiki, freshly setup over 8hrs yesterday and a few
hours a month before - been busy with work you know.

http://id3.org/id3/

If anyone on this list wants to be an Editor, just create an account on
this page http://id3.org/id3/UserPreferences and email me your WikiName
and I'll put you in the EditorsGroup.

Ben, sorry that we both were doing things. I hope we can work together.
  The wiki at id3.org will become the default for id3.org once people
have tested it a bit.

Sincerely,

dano