[ID3 Dev] 'Extending' ID3 V2.4

Ion Todirel iontodirel at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 13:20:30 PST 2006

"Why do you think it’s a bad idea?  Do you mean there are too many frames in the existing standard or in the idea I discussed?  (I only gave an example of six base frames.)", too many... and xml.

  "let's create a blog, ID3 Blog, in blogspot or another, were we talk about what we talking here. What about the mailing list don’t you like?", i think that mailing list is a stupid idea, besides if we have a blog many people will be implicated, more more publicity, what we talking about: ID3,org MUST HAVE A BLOG, who is with me?. We can read coments very easy using an RSS Reader.

  "using an library too for read/write info "powered by" ID3.org? There are groups out there that are already doing this.  The two that spring to mind are MusicBrainz and FreeDB.  Besides, the scope of id3.org (as I understand it) is to define and promote the standard for imbedding metadata in a file, not to be the *source* of that data."

    yep right like i sed: a library for read/write info (metadata : data about data) in
    files "powered by" ID3.org. So if Apple wont to use ID3 standard will use
    library created by ID3 group. What this mean: a unified standard not only on
    papers by implemented too. So will not be problems and incompatibility with
    tags, written by a different id3 library.

"Mitchell S. Honnert" <mitch at honnert.com> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                >eh, sounds bad, maybe in future we use xml ... but frames are too many...
  Why do you think it’s a bad idea?  Do you mean there are too many frames in the existing standard or in the idea I discussed?  (I only gave an example of six base frames.)

  >- let's create a blog, ID3 Blog, in blogspot or another, were we talk about what we talking here.
  What about the mailing list don’t you like?

  >Why WMP can using AMG, iTunes, winamp use CDDB, in terms of music info, why not
  >using an library too for read/write info "powered by" ID3.org?
  There are groups out there that are already doing this.  The two that spring to mind are MusicBrainz and FreeDB.  Besides, the scope of id3.org (as I understand it) is to define and promote the standard for imbedding metadata in a file, not to be the *source* of that data.

  Mitchell S. Honnert
  www.UltraID3Lib.com