[ID3 Dev] 'Extending' ID3 V2.4

Dominick Millner dmillner at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 10 11:33:12 PST 2006

I think that truncating the frames would be the best course of action.
ID3v1 was widely supported due to its ease of implementation and provided it
audience with information that users felt were useful.  The major
modification that I could see is adding a multimedia frame as opposed to a
generic GEOB, this would allow bundling of additional media types like audio
,video, flash, etc.... (this would also ease their woes into what could be
contained in the GEOB frame) Manufacturers are not going to implement a
majority of these tags unless there is an actual added value.  Many of these
tags require information that is very hard to find and that quite frankly
many could do without.

The XML/database would only benefit internet enabled devices and also
without some basic form of tagging how would you identify the mp3 for
additional tagging?

Dominick