[ID3 Dev] ID3v2 extensions to support the visually impaired

Chris Newell chris.newell at rd.bbc.co.uk
Thu Jan 19 08:57:28 PST 2006

Miso,
At 16:36 19/01/2006, you wrote:
>This sounds really good!
>Just imagine a portable MP3 player with support of audible metadata.. Then
>the visually impaired will press a "special button" which will simply play
>all available audible metadata of MP3 - nice idea, isn't it ? :-)

That's possible, but I was actually thinking that it would play the audible metadata as you navigate through the index lists that MP3 players build from ID3 metadata. Thus you would be able to navigate to the desired content without having to read the display.

>> I've started work on a technical proposal for a "Audio Text" frame based
>> on the following requirements...
>
>The requirements seems to be ok. I will let you know if I have some
>comments to this.
>
>If "Audio Text" frame is completed I will certainly try to implement it
>into my application. I'm looking forward the technical proposal.
>
>PS: Is an audible metadata your idea?

No - it was suggested by colleagues.

Chris

Chris Newell
Senior Research & Development Engineer
Digital Media Group, BBC Research & Development
Kingswood Warren, Woodland Way, Tadworth, Surrey
KT20 6NP  UK
mailto:chris.newell at rd.bbc.co.uk       http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd
Tel:   +44 (0)1737 839659
Switchboard:   +44 1737 839500