[ID3 Dev] ID3 tag and audio file formats

Michal Vician id3v2 at audiott.com
Wed Mar 1 04:12:18 PST 2006

Sorry, I've forgotten to say that I've read the following:

-----
ID3.org receives one frequent question in various forms:

    * What is the tagging format in my Windows Media File?
    * What is the tagging format in my iTunes file?
    * What is the tagging format in my ogg vorbis file?

Answer? All audio formats can, and most probably do, use the ID3 tag
format. They do this because the ID3 tag standard is so wide spread and
implementation libraries are readily available.
------

- Does it mean that I can write an ID3v2 tag to formats like wma, ogg...
without any doubt?
- Can I also write ID3v1 tag into this files?
- Can anybody give me a list of audio file formats, where can I write ID3
tags?

Many, many thanks
Miso