AW: AW: [ID3 Dev] Why does Itunes write null terminated strings (v2.2/v2.3) ?

Mathias Kunter mathiaskunter at yahoo.de
Thu Apr 5 15:48:25 PDT 2007

>But what should be done with the termination itself ?

Well, nothing. :) What would you want to do with a terminator?
Just read the string until the terminator appears, and stop then (in
ID3 2.2 and 2.3). In 2.4, the terminators are treated as separators
(as discussed some days ago on this list).

>> A null terminator has never ever lost anything in an user interface by
>> the way.
>Sorry can you rephrase it, I dont understand this sentence

I meant you should never display a null terminator in an user interface
(how would you actually do that?)

cheers
Mathias